Post Reply  Post Thread 
AVRCD management problems
Unregistered

AVRCD management problems
Is Dotson a USDA worker? Today I got told the shananagans been going on sometime, got something to do with the USDA workers. And theres problems with there finances AND there was even a district attornies investigation. Has anbyody heard that? He told me these chumps get our tax dollars! I cant beleive that. This is sounding worse and worse the more I here. I dont know why we dont here about this in the paper or nothing. It aint right.
22-11-2008 07:06 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

RE: AVRCD Shananagans
I was wondering if 2 years ago, when there was great interest in the nurseries well and a developer was going to trade or buy the nursery, if there was a conection with the developer in the below article (1/2 mile east)
Antelope Valley homeowners abandoned by developer
24-11-2008 10:55 AM
AVresident
Unregistered

What people should care about is that the nursery drains most of the tax dollars. Who actually buys from them? From the financial reports their sales are low. I, as a taxpayer, am outraged that funds are wasted on this nursery. There are many other good works they could be doing if they weren't appeasing the desires of a bunch of people who probably never buy anything from the nursery anyway. Latest financial report has the nursery in the hole $60,000. Not a good way to spend money. Pull some weeds or restore some habitat, sheesh, even save some Joshua trees. It seems like they throw good money after bad every year. Time to rethink this.

A district attorney's investigation? No, ****** of the ************ was an associate director for a time before she became so disruptive they had to vote her off the board. She has alleged violations of all sorts for the past few years. No findings, just complaints from her. Seems she got her back up after they gave her the boot. I've followed this board for awhile and see their frustration with everything involving the district operations being questioned while the public completely ignores the problems at the nursery. Curious to say the least.

People should be worried about their tax dollars wasted at that nursery. That's got me wondering. Who is behind keeping that nursery open? I've been there and it's not much to write home about.
31-03-2009 08:28 PM
Unregistered

response to AVresident (real loser)
Well I think you need a lesson in history. To make it short the nursery is the reason that the RCD is getting public tax payers money, because of the nursery. It was established to give a service to farmers and ranchers and the county agreeded to give the RCD money to support the service, not the money grubbing office help working a pet project (sucking money from the budget). If the nursery goes your fat paycheck vaporizes because the money was authorized in 1972 for the nursery and only the nursery.

The reason the board is being questioned is because the financials don't add up and the refusal of the board to be up front with the accounting of the money. Large amounts have been given out without a board vote ($25,000 to Catalina RCD). Many checks are not listed on the meeting minutes and the office has 3 people to do the work of 1 part time previous employee. Most of the office time is spent trying to get free money for other people and sucking a fee for doing it, being paid for by the money you feel is yours to waste.
31-03-2009 10:22 PM
Unregistered

We've all seen the District Attorney's six page letter -- it's even posted on the web -- explaining the investigation, the violations, the findings. I thought that was why the board spends 1000s every month to have an attorney around.

Denying the DA's investigation and findings could indicate ignorance, stupidity, a lobotomy, or just a lie. I suspect a lobotomy or a lie.

The writer's failure to understand the value of the Nursery or removal of invasive species, now that's just ignorance and stupidity.

And talking about stupidity, who might know the details that are mentioned? Doesn't the writer think people would recognize the say-it's-a-lie, change-the-subject, personal-attack tactics? The civilized world doesn't engage in that juvenile behavior, so it's a giveaway.

We all know who really "got her back up" in that situation -- and often still does. In psychology it is called projection, the juvenile behavior of accusing one's opponent of one's own faults.

This writer really has no business talking about the Nursery, or the woman they always attack, and certainly not the nonprofit that has nothing to do with the AVRCD. The people who have supported the nursery and publicized the board's problems have more class, integrity and good works in any one of their pinky nails than the writer of that post will ever be able to comprehend. They are patriots and heroes and the best of Mankind, while people like the writer just look selfish, petty, juvenile, and stupid.

Sometimes in the news or the arts we see the worst kind of public officials, people who abuse their power by stealing public property and public funds, who lie, and who menace citizens. I don't know if we have any of that ilk slurping up slop from the RCD tax-dollar trough, but when public officials attack people personally just because they ask questions about their actions IN PUBLIC OFFICE, then it makes people think they might be of that ilk.

And lastly, if you're such an "outraged" taxpayer, make sure you pay taxes on all that slop.

Glossary for this posting:
LOBOTOMY the removal of a lobe of the brain that results
in a loss of memory or emotional capacity
ILK sort, kind, related
PETTY superficial, without thoughtfulness or passion
DA an officer of the court whose documents are
public and easily obtained upon request
JUVENILE childish, immature

(31-03-2009 08:28 PM)AVresident Wrote:  What people should care about is that the nursery drains most of the tax dollars. Who actually buys from them? From the financial reports their sales are low. I, as a taxpayer, am outraged that funds are wasted on this nursery. There are many other good works they could be doing if they weren't appeasing the desires of a bunch of people who probably never buy anything from the nursery anyway. Latest financial report has the nursery in the hole $60,000. Not a good way to spend money. Pull some weeds or restore some habitat, sheesh, even save some Joshua trees. It seems like they throw good money after bad every year. Time to rethink this.

A district attorney's investigation? No, ****** of the ************** was an associate director for a time before she became so disruptive they had to vote her off the board. She has alleged violations of all sorts for the past few years. No findings, just complaints from her. Seems she got her back up after they gave her the boot. I've followed this board for awhile and see their frustration with everything involving the district operations being questioned while the public completely ignores the problems at the nursery. Curious to say the least.

People should be worried about their tax dollars wasted at that nursery. That's got me wondering. Who is behind keeping that nursery open? I've been there and it's not much to write home about.
01-04-2009 12:22 AM
Unregistered

RE: response to AVresident (real looser)
By the way, the spelling is LOOSER not LOSER. Then again, the writer is probably EVEN MORE of a LOOSER than a LOSER. LOL.

(31-03-2009 10:22 PM)Guest Wrote:  Well I think you need a lesson in history. To make it short the nursery is the reason that the RCD is getting public tax payers money, because of the nursery. It was established to give a service to farmers and ranchers and the county agreeded to give the RCD money to support the service, not the money grubbing office help working a pet project (sucking money from the budget). If the nursery goes your fat paycheck vaporizes because the money was authorized in 1972 for the nursery and only the nursery.

The reason the board is being questioned is because the financials don't add up and the refusal of the board to be up front with the accounting of the money. Large amounts have been given out without a board vote ($25,000 to Catalina RCD). Many checks are not listed on the meeting minutes and the office has 3 people to do the work of 1 part time previous employee. Most of the office time is spent trying to get free money for other people and sucking a fee for doing it, being paid for by the money you feel is yours to waste.
01-04-2009 12:28 AM
Unregistered

They do get taxes. What a crock. Where can I see the investigation on the web? Im going to talk with my friend Buck Mckeon about this.

(01-04-2009 12:22 AM)Guest Wrote:  We've all seen the District Attorney's six page letter -- it's even posted on the web -- explaining the investigation, the violations, the findings. I thought that was why the board spends 1000s every month to have an attorney around.

Denying the DA's investigation and findings could indicate ignorance, stupidity, a lobotomy, or just a lie. I suspect a lobotomy or a lie.

The writer's failure to understand the value of the Nursery or removal of invasive species, now that's just ignorance and stupidity.

And talking about stupidity, who might know the details that are mentioned? Doesn't the writer think people would recognize the say-it's-a-lie, change-the-subject, personal-attack tactics? The civilized world doesn't engage in that juvenile behavior, so it's a giveaway.

We all know who really "got her back up" in that situation -- and often still does. In psychology it is called [i]projection, the juvenile behavior of accusing one's opponent of one's own faults.

This writer really has no business talking about the Nursery, or the woman they always attack, and certainly not the nonprofit that has nothing to do with the AVRCD. The people who have supported the nursery and publicized the board's problems have more class, integrity and good works in any one of their pinky nails than the writer of that post will ever be able to comprehend. They are patriots and heroes and the best of Mankind, while people like the writer just look selfish, petty, juvenile, and stupid.

Sometimes in the news or the arts we see the worst kind of public officials, people who abuse their power by stealing public property and public funds, who lie, and who menace citizens. I don't know if we have any of that ilk slurping up slop from the RCD tax-dollar trough, but when public officials attack people personally just because they ask questions about their actions IN PUBLIC OFFICE, then it makes people think they might be of that ilk.

And lastly, if you're such an "outraged" taxpayer, make sure you pay taxes on all that slop.

Glossary for this posting:
LOBOTOMY the removal of a lobe of the brain that results
in a loss of memory or emotional capacity
ILK sort, kind, related
PETTY superficial, without thoughtfulness or passion
DA an officer of the court whose documents are
public and easily obtained upon request
JUVENILE childish, immature

(31-03-2009 08:28 PM)AVresident Wrote:  What people should care about is that the nursery drains most of the tax dollars. Who actually buys from them? From the financial reports their sales are low. I, as a taxpayer, am outraged that funds are wasted on this nursery. There are many other good works they could be doing if they weren't appeasing the desires of a bunch of people who probably never buy anything from the nursery anyway. Latest financial report has the nursery in the hole $60,000. Not a good way to spend money. Pull some weeds or restore some habitat, sheesh, even save some Joshua trees. It seems like they throw good money after bad every year. Time to rethink this.

A district attorney's investigation? No, ******* of the **********was an associate director for a time before she became so disruptive they had to vote her off the board. She has alleged violations of all sorts for the past few years. No findings, just complaints from her. Seems she got her back up after they gave her the boot. I've followed this board for awhile and see their frustration with everything involving the district operations being questioned while the public completely ignores the problems at the nursery. Curious to say the least.

[/i]
01-04-2009 08:32 AM
Unregistered

You do need a history lesson and you should do your research on RCD's. They do not receive tax dollars because of the nursery, they receive tax dollars to do work in the community. Many RCD's throughout the state have a tax base and use that for operating. This RCD just happens to have purchased a nursery at one time and made it part of their program. Even if the nursery did not exist they would receive their funding from the County through property tax increments.

You are very misinformed about their operations. I'm no expert but know you are off on many of your perceptions. Plus the insults are childish. If you have no hard facts on which to debate, resorting to name calling shows your ignorance, along with the misspelling of looser. I like that.

Have a great day!
01-04-2009 09:04 AM
do gooder
Unregistered

01-04-2009 10:57 AM
admin-3 Offline

On the cold frame thread, Avresident states that she just found this site because she was looking for plants (today) but on this thread (yesterday) she talks about accounting numbers that only a RCD office person would know. I did a web search and did not find that info. Is this person under orders to make public comments/spin while on the taxpayer dime? Since they seem to know, what money did the office make besides the taxpayer money income? I have the feeling that Avresident is worried that when the truth comes out she will take the fall.
01-04-2009 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
granny Offline

AVRCD Shananagans from granny to avresident
To AV resident

I have been buying plants from the AVRCD nursery for over 30 years for the various places I have owned in the antelope valley. It is a great place and I can tell you I have wrote home about it on more than one occasion. In fact, I purchased some wildflower seeds from the nursery and sent them to various relatives around the country. They all tell me they have a great showing of flowers. Quite honestly as far as the AV goes the nursery is a one of a kind find. They provide plants that they grow from seed right at the nursery.

My first visit was in the 1970s and I talked to a woman there I think her name was Gwen and she told me what they did and how they did it. She answered my questions on plants and offered other helpful tips as well. Through the years as the nursery's people came and went the basic thread stayed. I guess that Gwen educated and trained her successors well because I and others have gotten good plant advise that is rare and hard to find at the big box stores or elsewhere. As I see it their main need is more advertising because with more people in the valley as compared to 30 years ago a business owner needs to get the word out. That is not a nursery problem Mr or Ms AV resident its a management problem. Word of mouth use to do it and it does not anymore. As to your concerns to losses, drains, and waste do not be looking at the nursery be looking at the management of the RCD it's self.

All actions or misactions start at the top not the bottom. Hey do you know that there is a lot of history surrounding that nursery? Maybe you have no interest, maybe you just couldn't find what you were looking for, or maybe you are those kind of people who want others to make decisions for you so that you can complain that you couldn't find what it was you were looking for in the first place. Get a mind adjustment already. You state that " from the financial report their sales are low... in the hole...while the public completely ignores the problems at the nursery". How do you get your info? Do you attend their meetingss? Am curious to know too what you think the problems are! As I said before its a great one of a kind finds, and inexpensive place to buy plants Whats your problem?

Love Granny
04-04-2009 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Granny, you are a dear. Thank you so much for writing, for telling it like it is, and for bringing up the subject of advertising. We have all pushed for advertising for so long.

When I was asked to volunteer for the AVRCD back in 2004, one of the first things I pushed for was advertising for the Nursery. Many of us felt we could be capitalizing on the traffic to the Poppy Reserve around the time of the Poppy Festival. So the Nursery Committee designed a flyer, got board approval to print 10,000 flyers, and garnered approval from State Parks, the Chambers of Commerce, and more, to display the flyers in their buildings, in addition to one of the Poppy Festival booths! But at the last minute, one of the directors wouldn't allow the flyers to be printed.

As another example, I found a lot of Internet sites that had the wrong information about the Nursery, such as the wrong address, wrong phone number, or 805 area code still on the phone, things like that. And when I started fixing them, I was first told to stop, and then I was told I could only fix the errors if the board president stood over my shoulder and watched me send the emails requesting correction --- in my own home?

They even got a grant to do advertising, but I only saw one ad in a tiny newspaper from Ridgecrest, nothing on radio, nothing in the Valley Press. They don't take advantage of the free opportunities for publicity either.

They don't even advertise their meetings Smile

All I can think is that they want the Nursery to look like it's failing so they can sell it off, and they don't want the public to know much about what they do.

A director even withheld from the Air Force the existence of the Nursery through a year of conversations! The Air Force needed a place to grow locally acclimated native plants, and the director withheld the existence of the Nursery from them. This is not the action of someone who cares about the RCD, the Nursery, conservation, or our community.
04-04-2009 06:24 PM
stupid Offline

Questions on DMCA
How come the DMCA never posts their meetings, or any activities.
14-07-2009 06:27 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HOOOO Weeeeeee that Feb 24 AVRCD Meeting was a Dandy. Not there 1 3,167 28-02-2010 09:26 AM
Last Post: neighbor
  AVRCD History shirley 4 6,768 01-07-2009 10:36 AM
Last Post: shirley
  The AVRCD is not paying attention to their business Pee Wee 0 2,620 16-05-2009 07:18 AM
Last Post: Pee Wee
  AVRCD, Students offered agriculture scholarships admiral1 0 2,404 12-04-2009 09:11 AM
Last Post: admiral1
  AVRCD Nursery admin1 45 50,759 06-03-2009 10:02 AM
Last Post: justice demanded
  AVRCD meeting marta 2 4,483 04-05-2008 09:05 AM
Last Post: Nursery help

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread |