Post Reply  Post Thread 
Local mail boxs destroyed and postal people are indiferent
Pee Wee Offline

Local mail boxs destroyed and postal people are indiferent
Local mail boxs destroyed and postal people are indifferent.
Sheriff could care less.
See below the boxes at 190th st and West ave D

About 10:00 pm on January 12 a tues. a local resident heard a loud commotion at the mail boxes( boom box) and saw some colored men in a car messing with the boxes. The next morning the boxes were messed up. It is alleged these people are close locals and watch the boxes a lot.
some of the boxes have been repaired in the photo.
People be-ware
13-01-2010 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
amy Offline

RE: Local mail boxs destroyed and postal people are indiferent

I live in the Acres. Someone (I suspect my neighbor who hates where I put my mailbox amongst other things) has put a full dead fish in my mailbox. I take a dead fish as a threat. Unfortunately the postal service and sheriffs did not. A sheriff did acknowledge that he thought the neighbor was responsible but shrugged it off as childish. The fish is still there months later. Our mail has to go to a separate box. I think it is terrible what has happened to the other mailboxes as well. I thought it was a federal offense to destroy/vandalize the boxes and/or mail.

13-01-2010 10:09 PM
jackt
Unregistered

RE: Local mail boxs destroyed and postal people are indiferent
I saw this guy Sunday in Neenach. He drives up to the mail boxes and tries to insert an envelope into them if someone drives by and catches him. Makes him look like he's legitimately delivering something even though he doesn't drive a postal truck and mail does not get delivered on Sunday. I sent the postal service a message about this guy.

Your description of the sheriff's attitude is interesting. I had a car stolen on my lot a few months ago and I was treated like a loony nutcase because the Santa Clarita sheriff (Neenach jurisdiction) decided that I stole the car myself and was trying to pull a fast one. It was therefore listed as abandoned by owner and after 2-3 weeks of trying I could not change that report. Every time I tried to convince the sheriff of a theft they just got more and more upset and reminded me that I will be prosecuted for making up a story if I do not cease the nonsense. The fact that it wasn't insured and that I could have gotten roughly $1200 for it on craigslist before the theft proves that I had no interest whatsoever in stealing my own car and dumping it out in the middle of the desert. Afterward I sold the car on craigslist for $600, without tires or battery.

Let's be honest. We have a sheriff for two reasons. 1. to give tickets (source of income for the county) 2. because they were assigned our area and they really don't want it but they have to patrol it I'm refering to Neenach and the Santa Clarita sheriff's office of course.

Why the attitude? I have tried and tried to figure this out and the only rational conclusion that I could come to is that when crimes are reported it makes the sheriff look bad. Don't report crimes and the sheriff looks like he is doing his job well, at least on paper and in the reports.
14-01-2010 11:44 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Pee Wee Offline

RE: Local mail boxs destroyed: 280th to freeway
I just talked with the postal guy and he says the boxes from 280th to the freeway have been hit. Here are a few pictures.

İmage İmage

İmage İmage

The local Sheriff lady is talking reports and the postal delivery guy has called in the postal inspectors

If anybody see's something the sheriff needs numbers.
14-01-2010 02:52 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
angry.gif homeless people riding trains from the L A area taking advantage of Lancaster Guest 0 2,035 09-12-2014 12:13 PM
Last Post: Guest

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread |